THE NORTHERN IRELAND MOTOR CLUB LTD PRIVACY NOTICE
The Northern Ireland Motor Club Ltd respects your privacy and we will only use your information in the way we describe in this notice. When using your information we aim to be fair and transparent, and to follow our obligations under UK data protection laws. Your information is used for administering club membership, activities and competitions.
The Northern Ireland Motor Club Ltd is the data controller for the purpose of GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018. Our address is Pearl Insurance House, 2 Donegall Square East, Belfast BT1 5HB. Our club contact for privacy and data is NIMC Ltd Club Secretary.
Collecting your information
We collect your information when you fill in membership application or renewal forms, and competition event entry forms. You can give us your information using paper forms or online forms. The information you give us may include your contact details (name, address, telephone number, email address), personal information and identifiers (date of birth, membership number, competition licence number), and other information (vehicle details). When you give us information about another person, such as a child, parent, guardian, or emergency contact you should let that person know that you have given us the information.
If you are under 18 years old, we will also ask for information from your parent or guardian.
Using your information
We use your information when:
- You first apply to become a member of The Northern Ireland Motor Club Ltd and then to administer and renew your club membership, and provide you with member benefits.
- You sign on as either an Official or volunteer marshal for a club event, to furnish you with the necessary details to carry out the role concerned.
- You enter club events. For competitions, we will:
- Publish some of your information in the programme and the results, which will be in the public domain.
- Use the contact details given to provide you with the necessary information and documents pertaining to the event.
- Your information is used in these ways to fulfil our contract with you.
- In complying with emergency and safety procedures for the event, we may contact you by phone.
- We may ask you for emergency contact and next of kin details which we will only use in an emergency, and which is use for a legitimate interest. You should let the contact and next of kin know that you have given this information to us.
- We might use your information to send you marketing messages by email, but only if you have agreed that we can do this by giving us your clear consent – and you can change your mind at any time just by letting us know. We will not sell your information to another organisation.
- To support your lifetime relationship with motor sport and The Northern Ireland Motor Club Ltd we may keep your information indefinitely, unless you ask us to delete it.
Sharing your information
We may share you information with the Motor Sports Association as required by its General Regulations for governing motor sport, with other MSA Registered Clubs, with medical personnel, or any other person if we have to comply with a legal obligation. We may also share your information with service providers, for example to print programmes.
Security for your information
Your information is held securely by us. We have taken all reasonable steps, and have in place appropriate security measures, to protect your information. Your information is not transferred outside the European Economic Area.
- You may ask us not to process your information for marketing purposes.
- You are entitled to a copy of the information we hold about you, and to ask us to correct any inaccuracies.
- You may ask us to stop using your information, and to delete it, although we may maintain a skeleton set of your information. If you ask us to do this we will not be able to continue our contract with you.
- You may make a complaint to the Information Commissioner (www.ico.org.uk).
This privacy notice was last updated on 24 May 2018, and we will communicate any changes to you.